Recipe by gailanng
Don't have lemon-flavored olive oil? Simply infuse olive oil with a few drops of lemon oil. Another method would be to place for a couple of days a few spirals of lemon zest (no white pith) in olive.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon-flavored olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan over high heat, bring orange juice to boil. Reduce to about 1/4 cup; juice should be thick and syrupy.
- Transfer juice to blender. Add shallot, garlic, honey, red wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar. Blend at high speed until shallot and garlic are pureed. Reduce speed to medium, and slowly add lemon-flavored olive oil and grape seed oil through the feed tube. Cover feed tube, increase speed to high, and blend until vinaigrette is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.