Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A melt-in-your-mouth cookie from The Magnolia Bakery.
Top Review by aloha808
I added 1/2 teaspoon of Fiori di Sicilia from King Arthur to boost the orange flavor. These are too sweet for me but will make a nice addition to my Christmas Cookie Gift Bags and Boxes -- next time I will try them with try them with Semi or Bittersweet Chocolate Chips. Using a 1-1/2 inch cookie scoop, I made 33 cookies. They don't spread much at all so for the 2nd and 3rd batches, I pressed the mounds down slightly and got flatter, perfectly round cookies.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup vanilla chips (Nestle) or 1 cup white chocolate chips (Nestle)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars together until smooth.
- Add in the egg and stir to mix.
- Add in the flour mixture and beat until blended.
- Add in the orange zest and vanilla chips; stir to combine.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack to finishing cooling.