1/1 Photo of Orange Upside-Down Oven Biscuits
Peggy Lynn's Note:
These pretty, delicious and easy to prepare biscuits were found in Kitchen to Kitchen a feature in The Houston Chronicle. Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For The Topping
For The Biscuits
- 1For the topping:.
- 2Combine ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until butter and sugar melt, about two minutes.
- 3Divide the topping among a standard muffin tin.
- 4Do not line the muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- 5For the biscuits:.
- 6Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 7Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a large bowl.
- 8Cut in the shortening with two knives or a pastry blender until it forms coarse, uneven crumbs.
- 9Add the milk.
- 10Mix well, but with a light touch.
- 11On a flour-dusted surface,roll the dough into a large rectangle.(approx 11x9).
- 12Spread with butter.
- 13Mix the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle it over the dough.
- 14Roll as you would a jelly roll and slice into 12 biscuits.
- 15Place a single biscuit in each muffin cup.
- 16Bake until golden, about twenty minutes.
- 17Cool a couple of minutes,then invert cautiously onto a plate,taking care that the sticky topping doesnt burn you.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Upside-Down Oven Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.6
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 201.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g