A Lighter cake from Rose Reisman's recipe book Divine Indulgences
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Spray a 9 inch square pan with vegetable spray.
- 3In prepared pan, stir together brown sugar, corn syrup and margarine.
- 4Place the pan in the oven for 5 minutes.
- 5Stir the mixture until it is well mixed (it will be stick and thick).
- 6Zest one orange.
- 7Using a sharp paring knife, cut the rind and pith away from both oranges (including the one you zested).
- 8Slice oranges crosswise into 1/4 inch slices.
- 9Place the slices in a single layer at the bottom of the pan.
- 10In a bowl, beat sugar, orange rind, yogurt, orange juice, oil, egg and egg whites.
- 11In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 12With a wooden spoon, stir the dry ingredients into the orange mixture until everything is just combined.
- 13Pour the mixture into the pan.
- 14Place the pan in the centre of the oven and bake 30 minutes or until tester comes out dry.
- 15Let the pan cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- 16Carefully invert the cake onto a serving plate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Upside-Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.3
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 91.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of