Recipe by ladypit
I have a glut of oranges and tomatoes to use up. I came across a recipe in one of my cookbooks that looked promising, but I changed it so much that it is no longer recognized as where it began! Tangy and light, I loved this as a side dish. Plus it is a beautiful presentation. Would probably be best with garden fresh tomatoes.
- 5 roma tomatoes (or 3 regular)
- 2 large oranges
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the cucumber and then slice it. Cut the slices in half. Place those into a bowl.
- Chunk the tomatoes and place them on top of the cucumber.
- Peel 1 orange and slice it, then chunk the slices up and put them on top of the tomato.
- Slice the second orange in half and, using a hand held juicer (or whatever it is you use to extract orange juice!) juice it.
- To the orange juice add the maple syrup and black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the veggies and stir to combine.
- Chill until ready to eat.