Recipe by swissms
Several years ago I had a wonderful orange tiramisu in Munich, Germany. I have not tried this recipe yet but am hoping it comes close. The recipe does not state what size bowl to use. I will attempt to prepare in individual trifle bowls.
- 10 ounces orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 12 ladyfingers
- 12 amaretti, crushed
- 3 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 4 ounces fine sugar
- 4 ounces toasted almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the orange juice and liqueur. Arrange sponge fingers in the bottom of the serving bowl. Pour over the orange/liqueur juice then cover with the amaretti biscuits and orange segments.
- Beat together the egg YOLKS, mascarpone cheese and sugar. In another bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mascarpone mixture using a metal spoon. Spread this mixture over the top of the amaretti biscuits and decorate with the toasted almonds.
- Chill slightly before serving.