Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are my favorite way to make pancakes. They are simply delicious! They are low in fat and freeze well, too. I have tried them with passionfruit juice, but they don't taste as good. Serve them with my "Orange Butter Syrup Orange Butter Syrup".
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme (or 1 tsp dried thyme leaves)
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl. Add orange juice and melted butter and mix well.
- Mix liquids into dry ingredients. if batter seems stiff, add a little more orange juice.
- Drop batter on griddle. Turn when bubbles start to form on top.
- Serve with Orange Butter Syrup or syrup of your choice.
I really liked this recipe. The tyme and orange juice made a very refreshing (herbal flavored)pancake. I used 2T canola oil, 2T sugar,1/2t tyme and sprinkled cinnamon sugar over pancakes with maple syrup. YUM! I'm going to try this recipe next time with chocolate chips or blueberries in place of the tyme. Thanks