Recipe by MarraMamba
This is a lovely change of pace for flank steak, sweet and spicy yet simple. I found this on "for the love of cooking" website and the picture she has made me want to make it immediately lol, and she got it from best bites, so its making the rounds! http://fortheloveofcooking-recipes.blogspot.com/2009/06/orange-thai-flank-steak.html. Time does not include the 4 hour marinating
Top Review by Amy in Washington
This is by far, our favorite marinade for flank steak. The OP stated that the orange flavor was a bit much, but this is easily adjusted to personal preferences. I have used this recipe many times with success. Ihave even used it for salmon, and again, it was great.
- zest from 1 orange, chopped finely
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -4 teaspoons sriracha chili sauce (I used 2 1/2)
- 1 lb flank steak
- green onion, diced for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large zip lock bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
- Grill your flank steak to your liking. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing into thin slices AGAINST the grain. Boil the remaining marinade for 5-7 minutes until thickened. Drizzle sauce over the sliced meat. Enjoy.