Recipe by VeggieChallenge
Everyone who tried this simple dish at our recipe-testing meeting raved about it. The orange flavour really comes through.
- 500 g firm tofu (2 blocks)
- 1⁄4 cup tamari soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons orange peel, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tofu into large bite-sized squares and place in bowl.
- Blend remaining ingredients. Pour over tofu. If time allows, marinate for one hour or longer.
- Remove tofu from marinade and place in small casserole dish along with 1/2 cup marinade.
- Bake uncovered in preheated 375°F oven for one hour, gently stirring and basting with marinade every 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or fresh coriander.
- Serve with rice and salad.
- Source: Vegetarian Tastes of Toronto, p.54.