Recipe by Jainagirl
One day I was making this marinade and wondered how it would work if injected. It was perfect! The marinade has endless variations. I like to add roasted garlic and whirl in a blender or processor. Be sure to strain it before injecting if you do this.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Made this rotisserie chicken tonight for dinner. Loved the flavor of the orange-soy sauce -- the chicken came out nice and tender too. Made this chicken in my Showtime Rotisserie -- came out perfectly. Made for Spring PAC, April 2014.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (Kikkoman preferred)
- 2 -3 oranges, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup medium-dry sherry
- 1 (3 -4 lb) whole frying chickens, washed and dried
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all marinade ingredients. Using a culinary food injector, inject chicken absolutely everywhere -- including wings and back. Use up as much marinade as possible. The chicken should be overflowing with marinade. Discard any remaining.
- Truss chicken (you could put some orange slices and garlic cloves in the cavity first, if desired). Affix chicken securely to rotisserie spit. Roast about 1 hour or until instant-read thermometer reads 170 to 180 when inserted in thigh. If possible, turn heat off rotisserie and let chicken spin 10 to 15 minutes off the heat. Or remove from spit and let rest, covered, breast side down, 15 minutes before carving.