Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh orange juice, plus
- 3 strips orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, white part minced,green part thinly sliced for garnish
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Wash and dry chicken breasts, trimming off any fat or sinew.
- Halve breasts; place in shallow baking dish.
- In saucepan, boil orange juice until reduced by half.
- Add soy sauce, honey, garlic, green onion whites, ginger, cinnamon stick and sesame oil.
- Boil about 5 minutes, until thick and syrupy.
- Remove pan from heat and strain glaze into a bowl.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Pour half over the chicken breasts, turning breasts to coat both sides.
- Marinate chicken breasts in this mixture for 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, preheat grill or broiler to high.
- Grill chicken breasts until cooked, 2 to 3 minutes per side, basting with remaining glaze.
- Sprinkle chicken with sliced green onions and serve at once with your favorite rice.
this was absolutely delicious!! thank you! I was looking for a teriyaki sauce made without sugar because I am trying to eat healthier, and also without alcohol, for religious reasons. ugggghhh I just wished I had taken photos!! sorry about that..next time hopefully I will get a photo up here for you :D I never got the sauce to be very thick, which is what I wanted, but the flavor was so good!! I made these as Yakitori, which are chicken skewers, instead of whole breasts. I used both breast meat and thigh meat and my friends and I loved it!