1/1 Photo of Orange Teriyaki Chicken
From an old Betty Crocker booklet. The original had the chicken cooked in the microwave but I always found it to be a bit dry - so I adjusted it to bake in the oven. I serve this over a nice brown rice and with a crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and lightly spray a 3 quart casserole dish.
- 2Arrange chicken breasts in casserole dish.
- 3Mix brown sugar and cornstarch.
- 4Add apple juice, teriyaki sauce, oil and garlic to the brown sugar mixture.
- 5Pour this over the chicken.
- 6Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes, basting with sauce a few times through baking.
- 7Uncover and top with orange segments and green onions and continue baking an addition 5-10 minutes or until chicken reaches a temperature of 180 degrees.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Teriyaki Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.5
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 1523.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 28.0 g