From an old Betty Crocker booklet. The original had the chicken cooked in the microwave but I always found it to be a bit dry - so I adjusted it to bake in the oven. I serve this over a nice brown rice and with a crusty bread.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly spray a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Arrange chicken breasts in casserole dish.
- Mix brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Add apple juice, teriyaki sauce, oil and garlic to the brown sugar mixture.
- Pour this over the chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes, basting with sauce a few times through baking.
- Uncover and top with orange segments and green onions and continue baking an addition 5-10 minutes or until chicken reaches a temperature of 180 degrees.