Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A recipe to do in a crock pot. Taken in Coup de Pouce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 750 g frozen vegetables (type oriental)
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca, ground
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a skillet, heat oil to medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown. Put chicken in crockpot. Add frozen vegetables and tapioca. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix all remaining ingredients. Pour on the chicken. Cover and bake at low heat for 4 hours.
Made for Jan., 2008 Beverage tag. I was running short on time so I cooked this meal in a large skillet. I made exactly as written, but I also added a little Mrs. Dash Hot and Spicy. It was very good. The next time I make it, I think I am going to add some mandarin oranges and maybe some orange zest. Thanks for another good recipe, Boomette.
I am so sorry Boomette, I really wanted to rate this higher. It was bland to me. I couldn't taste either the orange or the teriyaki. Even the mustard and ginger got lost somehow. I made it according to the recipe, except adding non-frozen veggies. Could that have done it? I don't know. Got some good pics though :)