Recipe by Kristine L.
A lovely orangey cake to serve with your afternoon tea...
Top Review by twissis
This is an easy-to-fix, lovely & flavorful tea cake that DH & I enjoyed w/coffee instead of tea for the tradition of Icelandic afternoon *Kaffi og Kaka* (Coffee & Cake). DH enjoyed his w/a generous amt of the spray variety whipped cream & I ate mine plain. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
- 225 g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 eggs
- 225 ml unsweetened orange juice
- 40 g unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the sugar and the zest.
- Whisk together the eggs, orange juice and melted butter in a separate bowl.
- Fold the orange juice mixture into the dry ingredients, until combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf tin.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer can be inserted and drawn out clean.