Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A lovely orangey cake to serve with your afternoon tea...
Make and share this Orange Teacake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the sugar and the zest.
- Whisk together the eggs, orange juice and melted butter in a separate bowl.
- Fold the orange juice mixture into the dry ingredients, until combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf tin.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer can be inserted and drawn out clean.
This is an easy-to-fix, lovely & flavorful tea cake that DH & I enjoyed w/coffee instead of tea for the tradition of Icelandic afternoon *Kaffi og Kaka* (Coffee & Cake). DH enjoyed his w/a generous amt of the spray variety whipped cream & I ate mine plain. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
This is so easy to put together and bakes up nicely browned. I used 1/2 sugar and 1/2 Splenda without a problem. According to DH this would be so wonderful with a light orange glaze on top. I loved it as is.
A very nice tea cake. The orange flavor was just right. Really yummy. I would prefer a slightly moister cake, however, and will probably cut back on the flour a bit next time. Thanks for sharing your recipe.