Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Simple and very rich. I got this from the "muffin lady" at church. She loves to make muffins, thanks Doloris N.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and orange juice; set aside.
- Cream butter and remaining sugar; blend in sour cream.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
- Beat on low just until ingredients are combined.
- Stir in orange peel, raisins and nuts.
- Spoon batter into greased 1 3/4-inch muffin cups, filling completely full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes.
- While still warm, dip each muffin in reserved sugar/orange juice mixture.