Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
It doesn't take much to do this cake, but it tastes great!
Make and share this Orange Tea Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Squeeze oranges for juice, and grate just the orange sides for the rind.
- Make sure not to have any white bits.
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Beat butter and sugar till light and creamy.
- Add orange rind, milk, and blend in egg yolks, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites till soft peaks form.
- Fold in flour a little at a time, adding orange juice a little at a time in between.
- Fold in egg whites, a little a time, until batter is well mixed.
- Pour into a lined, greased loaf pan and bake in oven for 35-40 minutes, or until cake is cooked in the center.
I made this cake for a potluck last night and it was well liked by everyone. I myself even enjoyed it, and it was very easy to make.