Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
It doesn't take much to do this cake, but it tastes great!
Make and share this Orange Tea Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 230 g unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups caster sugar
- 2 oranges
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 2 cups self-raising flour (sifted with a pinch of salt)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Squeeze oranges for juice, and grate just the orange sides for the rind.
- Make sure not to have any white bits.
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Beat butter and sugar till light and creamy.
- Add orange rind, milk, and blend in egg yolks, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites till soft peaks form.
- Fold in flour a little at a time, adding orange juice a little at a time in between.
- Fold in egg whites, a little a time, until batter is well mixed.
- Pour into a lined, greased loaf pan and bake in oven for 35-40 minutes, or until cake is cooked in the center.
I made this cake for a potluck last night and it was well liked by everyone. I myself even enjoyed it, and it was very easy to make.