1 hr 5 mins
It doesn't take much to do this cake, but it tastes great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Squeeze oranges for juice, and grate just the orange sides for the rind.
- 2Make sure not to have any white bits.
- 3Preheat oven at 350°F.
- 4Beat butter and sugar till light and creamy.
- 5Add orange rind, milk, and blend in egg yolks, one at a time.
- 6In a separate bowl, beat egg whites till soft peaks form.
- 7Fold in flour a little at a time, adding orange juice a little at a time in between.
- 8Fold in egg whites, a little a time, until batter is well mixed.
- 9Pour into a lined, greased loaf pan and bake in oven for 35-40 minutes, or until cake is cooked in the center.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Tea Cake
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 688.6
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 224.1 mg
- Sodium 582.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 54.4 g
- Protein 9.2 g