Recipe by Rita~
If you want an intoxicating drink You can add the booze! Or leave it out! Minty Refreshing either way! A twist on the mint julep!
Top Review by PanNan
Refreshing is right. I got out the juicer, and made this delicious drink last night. Just loved the taste of the fresh juices with a hint of mint. I used some limoncella for the alcohol - wow! The kids liked it without the alcohol. It was well worth the juicing time. We'll make this again.
- 1⁄2 quart fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 quart fresh tangerine juice
- 6 limes, juice of
- 1 cup fine sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 cups club soda
- 8 sprigs of fresh mint
- 16 fluid ounces of chilled vodka or 16 fluid ounces premium Bourbon, 2 fl.oz. per glass (if you want it with a kick) (optional)
- lots of crushed ice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the orange, tangerine and lime juice, sugar, and chopped mint in a glass jar with lid.
- Shake to dissolve sugar then chill 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, add crushed ice to chilled tall glasses.
- Pour the booze of your choice (if using) then add 1/4- cup of club soda in each glass.
- Fill glasses with well shaken and strained juice mixture.
- Garnish each glass with mint sprigs.