Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
In answer to a query - I have not made this.
Make and share this Orange Syrup Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to moderate.
- Grease 14cm x 21cm loaf pan; line base and two long sides with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in a medium bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until combined between each addition.
- Stir in flour, buttermilk, rind and juice, in two batches; spread cake mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake in moderate oven about 50mins; stand 5 minutes Turn onto wire rack placed over oven tray; pour hot orange syrup over hot cake.
- To serve cut into 2cm slices.
- Orange syrup.
- Combine juice and sugar in small saucepan; stir over low heat without boiling until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil; simmer, uncovered without stirring about 10 minutes or until syrup thickens slightly.
unfortunatley this didn't work for us. the cake is not at all sweet and didn't rise very high. it is almost like a cornbread consistancy.we prefer our desserts a bit moister. sorry latchy.