Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
Another cake that requires no icing sugar frosting.
- 3 eggs
- 375 ml self-raising flour
- 200 ml milk
- 250 ml sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 ml oil
- 200 ml sugar
- 250 ml orange juice
- 1 finely grated orange, rind of
- 250 ml water
- 30 ml butter
- Beat the eggs well.
- Gradually beat the sugar into the eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients and fold into the egg mixture.
- Microwave milk and oil for 1 minute at 100% power and stir into the cake mixture.
- Pour into greased dish and cook for 6 – 7 minutes on 100% power.
- Keep aside.
- Cook sugar, water and butter for 4 minutes at 100% power stirring after 2 minutes.
- Add orange juice and zest and cook at 100% power until it boils.
- Pour over warm cake.
- Serve cold with whipped cream and tinned mandarin orange slices, if desired.