Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This vegetable dish is great on your holiday table. Not only is it easy to prepare, it has a wonderful fresh taste which off-sets the rich holiday meal. Recipe is easily doubled.
Top Review by cookin's-not-my-bag
Awesome way to serve up these veggies. I did use fresh veggies instead of frozen and they came out perfect. Also just before serving, sprinkle over top a bit of ground flax meal just because it's supposed to be healthy for you. Thanks for posting this recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- orange slice, if desired (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the vegetables according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and salt until smooth. Gradually stir in orange juice; heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- To serve: pour orange sauce over vegetable4s. Garnish with orange slices as desired.