Recipe by Debbie Smith
This is a delicious and easy to make cake, a favorite of my husband's throughout his childhood. It comes from his grandmother's kitchen and hopefully will continue being passed from generation to generation. It is a bright and cheerful taste for a cold winter's day.
Top Review by Colleen.Ludgate
The recipe doesn't state what size of pan is needed. Based on the amount of batter it yielded, I thought a loaf pan would be suitable - I was right. This cake was fantastic ... it didn't last a day!
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces sugar
- 4 ounces self rising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 orange, juice and rind of
- 4 ounces butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and lightly flour cake tin.
- Beat butter and sugar for about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs to mixture and stir.
- Add grated orange peel, sifted flour and salt.
- Stir lightly to mix.
- Pour into prepared cake tin.
- Bake in moderate oven 350 degrees F (150C) for around 40 minutes.
- (Use the juice from the orange to make the icing by mixing it with powdered sugar and butter.).