Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Excellent choice for gift giving. Your favorite nut can be substituted.
Top Review by Digigirl
Great recipe! This was very easy to make and makes very delicious nuts. I used meringue powder instead of actual egg whites, which calls for 2 tsp of powder + 2 tbsp of water to recreate 1 egg white. Next time I will sub all the water with orange juice to increase the orange flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 cups walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift confectioner's sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, cloves, allspice and salt into a medium size bowl; stir in orange rind.
- Beat egg whites and orange juice until slightly foamy; stir in walnuts; toss to coat well; drain thoroughly.
- Roll walnuts in sugar mixture, a third at a time, until evenly coated. Spread out on two parchment paper lined jelly-roll pans so the nuts do not touch.
- Bake at 250º for about 1 hour or until dry. Cool completely before storing in a tightly covered container.
- Walnuts may be stored for up to 1 month.