- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, water and orange juice concentrate.
- Cook over medium high heat, without stirring, until candy thermometer read 238 soft ball stage.
- Remove from the heat, stir in pecans and orange peel.
- Beat with a spoon until mixture thickens and loses its gloss, about 2 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper to harden.
- Store in an airtight container.