Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Everyone will eat these but the handfuls.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, water and orange juice concentrate.
- Cook over medium high heat, without stirring, until candy thermometer read 238 soft ball stage.
- Remove from the heat, stir in pecans and orange peel.
- Beat with a spoon until mixture thickens and loses its gloss, about 2 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper to harden.
- Store in an airtight container.
These were somewhat tasty. They're a lot like orangy-flavored pecan pralines.
I made these over the Christmas holidays, and they lasted about 30 minutes. DH was eating them so fast, the rest of us almost didn't get any! He's already asked me to make them again, but I think next time I'll hide half of them for the rest of us! lol Thanks for a great recipe.