Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This reminds me of orange sherbet! It is from my favorite cookbook- The Roosevelt Raccoons "All of Our Favorites" cookbook. The cookbook contains recipes from active parents and teachers of Roosevelt Elementary School, Mankato, MN. It is where I went to school, and my family submitted all of our family favorites for it. So, we probably have 10 copies of the book in our house! I changed the name to "Orange Stuff," after our family favorite "Green Stuff." Before, this was simply called "Salads."
- 1 (24 ounce) container low fat cottage cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange Jell-O
- 3 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, well drained
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed (or 8 ounce)
- Combine cottage cheese and Cool Whip in a large bowl.
- Add dry Jello and stir until Jello is thoroughly mixed.
- Gently fold in mandarin oranges.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. It is best when refrigerated overnight.
A yummy no-guilt treat! I used only 1 can of oranges since I was making it from memory, but checked Zaar and was pleased to see that the recipe is already posted here. It's perfect for when I want a little something sweet but don't want to load up on calories -- I use all fat free/sugar free ingredients and it's just as good as with the full fat/sugar kinds.