These muffins are moist and delicious with a sweet topping. Some possible variations are listed in the ingredients. I clipped this recipe from my local newspaper.
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups packaged biscuit mix (such as Bisquick)
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine egg, oil, sugar and orange juice.
- Add biscuit mix, stir until moist.
- Fold in marmalade and pecans.
- By hand, beat 30 seconds.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Mix together topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of muffins.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Variations: Substitute any kind of marmalade, preserves or jelly for the orange marmalade.
- If desired, bake in mini muffin tins, but reduce cook time by half.
Very delicious muffin! I have a muffin recipe that is similar in nature but yours differs with the addition of the orange marmalade and the streusel topping. Really enjoyed this as a breakfast treat and then froze the rest for breakfasts to come with the kids going back to school. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Glad I tagged it in the Zaar Cookbook tag game.