1/1 Photo of Orange Streusel Loaves
1 hr 15 mins
Kim D.'s Note:
A moist orange flavored loaf that would be great for dessert or a quick breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) Duncan Hines orange supreme cake mix, divided (2 T. reserved for streusel)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons reserved cake mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour two 9X5X3-inch loaf pans.
- 3To make cake, combine cake mix (minus the 2 T. for struesel), pudding mix, eggs, sour cream and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Using an electric mixer, mix for 3 minutes on medium speed.
- 5Pour batter into pans, dividing evenly between the two pans.
- 6For streusel, in a small bowl combine reserved cake mix, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter with a fork until crumbly.
- 7Stir in pecans.
- 8Sprinkle streusel on top of cake batter.
- 9Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle of pan comes out clean.
- 10Allow to cool in pans for about 15 minutes.
- 11Loosen loaves from pans.
- 12Invert onto a cooling rack.
- 13Turn the loaves right side up.
- 14Allow to cool completely.
- 15For glaze, in a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk or orange juice until smooth.
- 16Drizzle over top cooled loaves.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Streusel Loaves
Serving Size: 1 (833 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1488.3
- Calories from Fat 881
- Total Fat 97.9 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 489.9 mg
- Sodium 1039.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 126.5 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Duncan Hines orange supreme cake mix