A moist orange flavored loaf that would be great for dessert or a quick breakfast.
Make and share this Orange Streusel Loaves recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) Duncan Hines orange supreme cake mix, divided (2 T. reserved for streusel)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons reserved cake mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk or 1 -2 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour two 9X5X3-inch loaf pans.
- To make cake, combine cake mix (minus the 2 T. for struesel), pudding mix, eggs, sour cream and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, mix for 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour batter into pans, dividing evenly between the two pans.
- For streusel, in a small bowl combine reserved cake mix, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter with a fork until crumbly.
- Stir in pecans.
- Sprinkle streusel on top of cake batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle of pan comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pans for about 15 minutes.
- Loosen loaves from pans.
- Invert onto a cooling rack.
- Turn the loaves right side up.
- Allow to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk or orange juice until smooth.
- Drizzle over top cooled loaves.