Recipe by -Tulip-
This yummy cake is my potluck specialty and everyone absolutely loves it. It comes from a recipe on the side of the Duncan Hines Orange Supreme cake mix. It is one of the most moist and tastiest cakes I've ever eaten. The orange cake mixes can sometimes be hard to find so another suggestion would be to use the Tropical cake mix. Either way, mmm-mmm good!!!
Top Review by Irish Rose
I also found this recipe on the side of the cake box. I followed the directions exactly, however, I baked it in a 9x13 pan. My husband has already had his second slice and I agree that it was tasty, but it still had that "cake mix" quality to it. I wouldn't consider it an "over the top" cake.
- 1 orange cake mix, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk or 1 -2 tablespoon orange juice (I use 2)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans.
- For streusel topping, place 2 tablespoons cake mix, brown sugar, butter or margarine and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Mix well with fork until crumbly.
- Stir in pecans, if using.
- Set aside.
- For cake, combine remaining cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream and oil in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 3 minutes (do the entire 3 minutes).
- Pour batter into pans.
- Sprinkle with streusel mixture.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 15 minutes.
- Remove loaves from pans and let cool completely.
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and milk or orange juice in a small bowl.
- Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled loaves.