Recipe by luvcook'n
This recipe came from my sister. She would make this every Christmas morning, and serve it with Mimosas.
Top Review by bfranzen
This coffee cake turned out really good. I will make it again--when I do, I will make a little extra streusel and put some in the middle as well as on top. I added an oj and powdered sugar glaze to the top which made the orange flavor come through even more.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or less)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in orange rind.
- Mix together in separate bowl -- all the wet ingredients.
- Make a well in centre of dry ingredients and add wet ingredients.
- Mix until JUST blended.
- Prepare 8" round cake pan (greased and floured).
- Pour into cake pan.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until golden.