Recipe by Michele7
A visual delight to add to your table. This squash dish always gets compliments every time I serve it. It's a good way to serve squash to children because they think you're giving them dessert with dinner.
- 2 small acorn squash
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed and undiluted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons margarine or 2 teaspoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash squash; cut in half crosswise.
- Remove and discard seeds.
- Place squash, cut side down, in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Add hot water to dish to depth of 1/2 inch.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and let cool slightly.
- Scoop out pulp into a bowl, leaving 1/4 inch-thick shell.
- Mash pulp.
- Add orange juice concentrate, brown sugar, and allspice; stir well.
- Cut a thin slice off bottom of each squash shell so it will sit flat.
- Coat baking dish with cooking spray; return squash shells to dish.
- Spoon squash mixture evenly into shells.
- Combine corn flake crumbs, pecans, and margarine.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over squash.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.