1/4 Photos of Orange Steamed English Pudding With Rum Butter
2 hrs 15 mins
Haven't tried this one, but sounds really good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 158.51 ml orange juice
- 9.85 ml orange zest, grated fine
- 9.85 ml lemon zest, grated fine
- 1Cream the butter and sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, making sure each is incorporated before adding next.
- 2Sift flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl and alternately add flour mixture to the butter mixture with the orange juice.
- 3Stir in grated zests and turn the batter into a well buttered 1 quart steamed pudding mold and cover tightly with a lid or a double layer of foil secured with kitchen string. Set the mold on a rack in a kettle with a tight fitting lid and add enough hot water to kettle to reach 2/3 of the way up the sides of the mold. Steam the pudding covered for 2 hours.
- 4Remove and let pudding cool a bit on a rack for 10 minutes, uncovered. Meanwhile, MAKE THE RUM BUTTER: With an electric mixer with a whip attachment, cream butter. Beat in sugar a little at a time and then beat in rum, zest and nutmeg. Beat until light and fluffy and transfer to a serving bowl. Place a serving plate on top of the pudding and invert onto a serving plate and serve with the rum butter.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Steamed English Pudding With Rum Butter
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.6
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 166.7 mg
- Sodium 129.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 38.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g