2 hrs 14 mins
This recipe is by Chef Cosme Alcantar, Blue Mesa Grill adapted from Edible Dallas & Fort Worth: The Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For Brining the Chicken
- 1/2 cup kosher salt or 1/4 cup table salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
For the Relish
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 8 orange sections, white pith removed, roughly chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (white & part of green)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
For the Glaze
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
To Finish the Dish
- 1To Brine the Chicken: Fill a large container with 4 quarts water. Pour the salt and sugar into the water and stir until dissolved. Put the chicken breasts in the brine, cover, and refrigerate for 1 1/2–2 hours.
- 2In the meantime, make the relish and the glaze.
- 3To Make the Relish: In a medium bowl, combine the lime juice, olive oil, chili powder, chopped orange, green onions and mint until the pieces of orange are evenly coated with juice, oil and seasonings. Cover and refrigerate.
- 4To Make the Glaze: Combine the marmalade, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar and sriracha sauce to a rolling boil and continue to cook on high heat for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool before using to baste the chicken.
- 5To Finish the Dish: Preheat the grill (or a grill pan) to medium-high. Remove the chicken from the brine and dry with a paper towel. Season with the salt and pepper; then grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of each reads 165°F, 5-7 minutes per side. Brush with the glaze 5 minutes before the chicken is done. Glaze again on other side about a minute before removing from the grill. To serve, top each grilled breast with one-quarter of the relish.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Sriracha Glazed Chicken With Ancho-Citrus Relish
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.9
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.8 mg
- Sodium 15191.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 73.7 g
- Protein 37.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar