1/1 Photo of Orange Squash and Garbanzo Stew/Soup
A healthy Veggie diabetic soup/stew with reduced fat coconut milk, spices and lots of taste!! (from Diabetic cooking) Diabetic exchanges = 3 starch, 2 fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2-1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup orange squash or 1 cup sweet potatoes or 1 cup pumpkin, cubed
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, cooked
- 1 cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped or 1/4 cup spinach
- spinach leaves, for garnish
- 1Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium low heat.
- 2Add onion, pepper, ginger and garlic.
- 3Cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is translucent but does not brown.
- 4Add cumin and coriander while cooking, stirring, 1 minute or until spices are aromatic, taking care not to burn.
- 5Add water, soy sauce, squash and beans to pot, bring to boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until squash is tender and water is nearly cooked away.
- 7Add coconut milk and heat through.
- 8Add lime juice and cilantro or spinach and stir to blend.
- 9Garnish with spinach or cilantro leaves.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Squash and Garbanzo Stew/Soup
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.4
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 789.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat coconut milk