- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- colored crystal sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and brown sugar.
- Beat in orage peel and extract.
- Combine flour and salt.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press cookies 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle them with colored sugar.
- Bake at 375º for 6-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 2 minutes.
- before removing to wire racks.