Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- colored crystal sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and brown sugar.
- Beat in orage peel and extract.
- Combine flour and salt.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press cookies 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle them with colored sugar.
- Bake at 375º for 6-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 2 minutes.
- before removing to wire racks.
Excellent cookie! I drizzled some dark chocolate on the for added decoration and flavor. The chocolate and orange went together really well. Thanks for posting!
These cookies are great, they turned out so soft. I made them exactly as written and they were perfect. I also made them with Lemon and lemon zest and cherry extract. All were very good, lime or almond would also be excellent!