Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is the winning recipe in today's Thursday magazine. It was submitted by Sreelakshmi Hariharan and she won R.O. 20/- for this. She decorated this as a Barbie doll - simply a stunner!
Ingredients for cake
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 1 (400 g) can condensed milk
- 75 -100 ml fresh orange juice
- 100 ml Mirinda orange soda
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 115 g butter (slightly salted)
- 1 teaspoon orange essence
Ingredients for icing
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 200 g icing sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons orange essence
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon orange food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Sieve the flour, soda and baking powder together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and the condensed milk.
- Add the sieved flour, little by little.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add the Miranda and orange juice, little by little.
- Add the essence and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking tray.
- Bake on medium heat till a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Now prepare the icing.
- For this, beat the butter till it becomes similar in appearance to a fluffy cream.
- Gradually add the icing sugar.
- Mix well till it is smooth.
- Add salt, colour and essence.
- Blend well.
- Garnish as desired.