Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- Bake sweet potatoes in a 400 degree oven until they can be pierced with a fork.
- Cool, peel, and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Place cooked potatoes in a 2-qt covered baking dish.
- Combine orange juice concentr ate, butter, brown sugar, and spices in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat until sugar and butter are melted; pour over potatoes.
- Bake covered at 350 F for about 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake another 10 minutes.
I use fresh orange juice and less sugar - I made this for my family Christmas and everyone loved it It's a keeper.
I halfed this recipe as I am the only one who eats sweet potatoes. And the orange juice was a little overwhelming. Maybe I measured wrong but next time will use more of the spices and less orange juice.