Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderful scone with a light orange taste.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 -6 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and orange peel in medium bowl. Cut in 1/3 cup butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in raisins, 1 beaten egg and just enough half & half until mixture is moistened.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead lightly 10 times. Roll into 9-inch circle; cut into 12 wedges. Place 1-inch apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Brush with remaining beaten egg. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from baking sheet.
- Stir together all orange butter ingredients in small bowl; serve with warm scones.