Recipe by HeatherFeather
Simple & fast to prepare. You may vary the spice & fruit combo to your liking. I originally got the basic recipe from Quick Cooking Magazine.
Top Review by MizzNezz
Very good pork chops! After browning the chops real good, I put the oranges on top and used 1/4 cup of the liquid off the oranges and mixed it with 1 T orange marmalade. Put that in top of the oranges and simmered for 20 minutes. Definitely one I will do again. Thanks Heather!
- 4 -6 pork chops, bone in (about 1/2-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, to taste
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat and brown pork chops briefly on both sides (maye 1-2 minutes per side); Do not overcook at this point or they will get tough!
- Pour oranges on top and sprinkle with cloves and some black pepper & salt to taste.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until pork chops are cooked through (about 15 min for 4, 25-30 min for 6 ,approx).
- Cooking time will vary depending upon the size and meatiness of your chops- check early for doneness.
- Variation: You may substitute a different spice & fruit combo such as canned peach slices with allspice, apricots with nutmeg, pineapple with cloves.
- You may also substitute skinless boneless chicken breasts for the pork, but the cooking time may be less as chicken dries out quickly.