2 hrs 21 mins
2 hrs 6 mins
Traditional cut-out gingerbread cookies are spiced with grated orange peel for a subtle new taste sensation. Makes 4 dozen gingerbread cookies. Land-o-Lakes Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup light molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons orange peel, grated
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1in large mixer bowl combine brown sugar, 1/3 cup butter, molasses, egg and orange peel. beat at medium speed scraping bowl often until smooth and creamy.
- 2add remaining cookie ingredients, reduce speed to low. continue beating scraping bowl often until well mixed.
- 3cover refrigarate at least 2 hours.
- 4heat oven to 375*F.
- 5roll out dough 1/2 at a time (keeping remaining dough refrigarated), on well floured surface to 1/4inch thickness.
- 6cut into 3 to 4 cookie cutters.
- 7place 1inch apart on greased cookie sheet.
- 8bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until no indentation remains when touched.
- 9cool completely.
- 10in small mixer bowl combine all frosting ingredients, beat at low speed, craping bowl often until fluffy.
- 11if desired color frosting with food coloring.
- 12decorate cookies with frosting.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Spiced Gingerbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1382.4
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 155.5 mg
- Sodium 772.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 246.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 166.9 g
- Protein 11.1 g