Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
Made this on Sunday and LOVED IT! Putting it online for safe keeping. I definitely do not want to lose this recipe. Great with some lightly flavored whipped cream.
- 10 slices of good quality white bread
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup light cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or 2 tablespoons orange liqueur, equivalent
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients, except bread, and whisk thoroughly. Soak each piece of bread in the egg mixture. Grill on medium to medium-hot griddle until cooked through and golden brown.