Recipe by justcallmetoni
The original recipe came from a bulletin board and has been modified to suit my own tastes. (If you recognize this as your own, let me know 'cause I'd love to give you credit.) A great way to get a tasty entree on the table without a lot of time or effort. I usually serve this with crispy green beans and brown and wild rice pilaf.
Top Review by Annacia
What a great tasting dish for a mere 9% fat and 3.4g of sugars! Aside from using approx 3/4 tsp of cinnamon I made this as written using canned Mandarin oranges. It's so quick and simple (a bit of chicken pounding and your home free) There is almost nothing to do. I paired it with whole wheat couscous and steamed broccoli.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup orange section (you can used canned if you like)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- If the chicken filets are uneven, flatten to an even thickness 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray, place over medium heat until hot.
- Add chicken, cook 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Turn chicken, reduce heat and cook 2-3 minutes, or until done.
- Add orange sections and remaining ingredients to skillet.
- cook 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon mixture over chicken and serve.