Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe is courtesy of Diabetes and Heart Healthy Cookbook published by American Heart Association. The aroma of this aromatic spice rubbed turkey, fortells of a wonderful dining experience. Don't just save this for the holidays but serve it year round.
Top Review by MsSally
This was really good. I was a little sceptical about the sweet spices, but it really complimented the turkey. I cooked mine in the crock pot, 1 hour on high and about 6 hours on low. Perfect.
- 14.79 ml grated orange zest
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 2267.96 g turkey breast, with skin and bone
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a roasting pan and baking rack with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the spices.
- Using your fingertips, loosen the skin from the turkey breast and rub the spice mixture evenly over the breast.
- Cover it with the skin, place the turkey on the rack in the roasting pan, and insert a meat thermometer in the thickest part making sure it doesn't touch the bone.
- Roast, uncovered, for meat thermometer 170 degrees, approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Let the turkey stand for 15 minutes; remove the skin and any visible fat.
- Slice the turkey and enjoy.