Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cooking Pleasures magazine. I used 1 1/2 tsp vanilla rather than dark rum.
Make and share this Orange Spice Pumpkin Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Line 9-inch pie pan with dough.
- Whisk sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg in small bowl.
- Whisk pumpkin and eggs in large bowl until well-blended.
- Whisk in spice mixture.
- Slowly whisk in 3/4 cup cream until combined.
- Whisk in rum and orange peel.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.; bake an additional 40 to 45 minutes or until slightly puffed around edge and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Mine seemed to take forever to cook and did take longer than 50 minutes.).
- Cool on wire rack 2 to 3 hours.
- Store in refrigerator.