Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Cooking Pleasures magazine. I used 1 1/2 tsp vanilla rather than dark rum.
- 1 (9 inch) pie pastry
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon dark rum, if desired
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Line 9-inch pie pan with dough.
- Whisk sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg in small bowl.
- Whisk pumpkin and eggs in large bowl until well-blended.
- Whisk in spice mixture.
- Slowly whisk in 3/4 cup cream until combined.
- Whisk in rum and orange peel.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.; bake an additional 40 to 45 minutes or until slightly puffed around edge and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Mine seemed to take forever to cook and did take longer than 50 minutes.).
- Cool on wire rack 2 to 3 hours.
- Store in refrigerator.
This is a wonderful pie! I made per recipe, except for baking a bit longer (about 65 minutes total), and it is definitely a notch above the traditional, basic pumpkin pie. We loved the spiciness, as well as the hint of orange. Thank you for sharing the recipe! :)