1/1 Photo of Orange-Spice Pumpkin Bread
1 hr 20 mins
This pumpkin loaf has wonderful flavour and great texture, and is easy to make. I love the combination of spices. From Williams-Sonoma, the recipe came with a pumpkin loaf pan and I'm posting it for someone who lost the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the bread
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
For the glaze
- 1Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Grease loaf pan.
- 4Sift first 8 ingredients together.
- 5In mixer bowl beat together butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and orange zest (the 2 tsp) on medium speed until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- 6Add eggs, pumpkin puree and beat another 2 minutes.
- 7Remove bowl from mixer and fold in, by hand and in two additions, the sifted dry ingredients until just barely mixed.
- 8Pour into the pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 55-60 minutes.
- 9Cool for 15 minutes on a rack and then turn upside and tap gently to remove loaf from pan.
- 10For the glaze:.
- 11Whisk all glaze ingredients together in a small saucepan set over medium heat.
- 12Bring to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- 13Pour through a sieve into a heatproof bowl.
- 14Brush onto warm loaf.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Spice Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.2
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 86.3 mg
- Sodium 135.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 40.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of