This pumpkin loaf has wonderful flavour and great texture, and is easy to make. I love the combination of spices. From Williams-Sonoma, the recipe came with a pumpkin loaf pan and I'm posting it for someone who lost the recipe.
For the bread
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
For the glaze
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 orange, zest of, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease loaf pan.
- Sift first 8 ingredients together.
- In mixer bowl beat together butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and orange zest (the 2 tsp) on medium speed until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, pumpkin puree and beat another 2 minutes.
- Remove bowl from mixer and fold in, by hand and in two additions, the sifted dry ingredients until just barely mixed.
- Pour into the pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 55-60 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes on a rack and then turn upside and tap gently to remove loaf from pan.
- For the glaze:.
- Whisk all glaze ingredients together in a small saucepan set over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Pour through a sieve into a heatproof bowl.
- Brush onto warm loaf.
I have made this recipe when I bought the Pumpkin bread pan from Willliams & Sanoma. It was a big hit with mhy family but I lost the pan packaging and thus the recipe. I have looked for it each year at this time. One more attempt and I found it on this website!. I could not be happier!!! I will surprise my family with it once more! Thank you!
Must be getting cool around here, I've started baking. Picked a great recipe to start with. Pumpkin spice bread is one of our favorites but I wanted some.thing new and this is it. Thanks so much for sharing it's a keeper.