Recipe by Oolala
Recipe states that caramelizing onions creates a sweet, rich flavor. While the trick is to prepare them slowly, you can increase the heat slightly and cook them covered if you're short on time. From a supermarket card.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
My family loved this recipe which masked the flavor of green beans to them. I loved it too, however instead of masking the flavor I thought it enhanced it. Made for Bargain Basement.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 large vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 453.59 g fresh green beans, trimmed
- 59.14 ml orange marmalade
- 14.79 ml light soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, cook onion and sugar, stirring often, 25-30 minutes or until onions are deep golden brown.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook green beans in boiling water 4-5 minutes or just until crisp-tender; drain.
- Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process and drain.
- Add cooked beans to the skillet with the onions.
- Stir in marmalade and soy sauce; cook over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes or until marmalade melts and mixture is thoroughly heated.