1/1 Photo of Orange-Soy Glazed Green Beans
Recipe states that caramelizing onions creates a sweet, rich flavor. While the trick is to prepare them slowly, you can increase the heat slightly and cook them covered if you're short on time. From a supermarket card.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2When oil is hot, cook onion and sugar, stirring often, 25-30 minutes or until onions are deep golden brown.
- 3Remove from heat and set aside.
- 4Meanwhile, cook green beans in boiling water 4-5 minutes or just until crisp-tender; drain.
- 5Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process and drain.
- 6Add cooked beans to the skillet with the onions.
- 7Stir in marmalade and soy sauce; cook over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes or until marmalade melts and mixture is thoroughly heated.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Soy Glazed Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.8
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 270.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g