Recipe by ChrisMc
Here's another cool treat for summer that looks very attractive when prepared and served this way. This recipe does require an ice-cream maker (unless you can make ice cream without one).
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the oranges in half.
- Scoop out the pulp, being careful not to pierce the rind.
- Combine pulp in a blender or food processor with the water, sugar, and orange zest, and puree until the sugar is dissolved.
- Strain through a fine mesh and discard the pulp after pressing all the liquid out of it.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Freeze in an ice-cream maker until partially frozen.
- Add the egg white and continue to freeze until firm.
- When the sorbetto is firm, divide between the 4 orange shells and freeze until ready to serve.