1/11 Photos of Orange Sorbet
2 hrs 15 mins
My best sorbet recipe. Sweet, smooth, and very refreshing. This was one of the things my mother frequently asked me to make for her when she was in assisted living. It is the first to go at ice cream socials. Everyone loves it. I serve it with my Valentine Rich Rolled Cookies. I found this in the newspaper years ago and adapted it to suit my style. For the best dessert ever, serve it in the Chocolate Bowls. The flavors are wonderful when combined!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar and water in saucepan.
- 2Stir and cook over high heat until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Boil without stirring for 1 minute.
- 4Remove from heat and set aside.
- 5Grate the zest and set aside.
- 6Squeeze Oranges into 4 cup glass measure (strain, or remove seeds).
- 7Stir in sugar syrup and zest.
- 8Add water to make 3 1/2 cups total, stirring well.
- 9Chill in refrigerator about one hour.
- 10Transfer mixture to ice cream maker and proceed according to manufacturer's directions.
- 11May serve at once, or place in covered container until desired consistency is reached.
- 12Garnish with mint leaves.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: